Friday, March 26, 2010

Schroeder's New Deli


On a short lunch break, what is quicker and more satisfying than a good deli? For a little more than the price of a fast food meal, I got some very good food at Schroeder's New Deli on Martha Berry Highway in Armuchee (Rome), Ga. By the way, if you don't say it "ArMURchee" be prepared to be corrected. It seems the founding fathers left out the r when they named the town after the local native american tribe.


This is the second of three Schroeder's, the first being on Broad in Rome and the third in Cartersville. The restaurant is a local favorite, with a beach-like feel, and food that befits both the theme and the geographic area. Music from the 60's plays overhead, and portraits of The Beatles, Joplin, The Who and Hendrix among others hang on the walls.

Before I start on the food, I must say that the staff seems to really enjoy their work. To me, that is the mark of good management and a cornerstone of good service. Keep 'em happy, Schroeder's!


According to the staff, three food items hold the throne at Schroeder's. Fried Mushrooms, Fried Pickles and the Roast Beef Relief sandwich. I am not a huge fan of mushrooms, but I did enjoy the fried pickle spears and the Roast Beef Relief. The Ham Roll was also good. I am told they have decent pizza, but I didn't try it.


I will, though. Because I will be back.

Schroeder's New Deli on Urbanspoon

2 comments:

TSL said...

Good heavens, I use to play music at Schroeders on Main Street in Rome back in the days. Best food ever.

adrienne said...

One of my favorite restaurants to eat at while in Rome! I have never had something I did like their, and the staff are good people!