Saturday, May 1, 2010

Lenox Square Grill

A while back, I had the privilege to attend a function at Lenox Square Grill.

The approach was forbidding. The edifice is that of a high-dollar restaurant, and the fact that they offered valet parking made me clench my wallet.

By driving thirty feet further, I found I could park my own car. As I stepped inside, I saw the white linen, the high ceilings and dark wood. I saw the impressive bar and the fit, sharp looking servers. I gripped my wallet.

I was seated at a large table. The candle flickered. The impression of my fingers on my wallet was deepening. My server brought me the menu.

I am here to tell you to fear not.


I ordered a burger, fries and a coke. A very good burger, I will add. Tax included, $7.72. I could eat at McD's for that price, but not many other places, and certainly not in Buckhead.

That was on a Thursday night. Why wasn't the place packed? The staff seemed happy. The ambiance was great. The service was very good and the prices great.

I'm thinking it's the forbidding front. Do yourself a favor. Drive thirty feet down the road and park your own car. Pay not attention to the high ceiling, white-linened, dark wood dining room. Ignore the great looking staff. Just ask for a menu.

Lenox Square Grill on Urbanspoon

2 comments:

TSL said...

Fear not! Fabulous!

Unknown said...

http://www.wsbtv.com/news/17133741/detail.html

Lenox Square Grill is repeating the same practice. They are changing the menus anyway.